You are here: Home KVK Mandates
Malda KVK under the administrative control of Uttar Banga Krishi Viswavidyalaya is an integral part of the National Agricultural Research System (NARS) aims at assessment of location specific technology modules in agriculture and allied enterprises, through technology assessment, refinement and demonstrations. Malda KVK have been functioning as Knowledge and Resource Centre of agricultural technology supporting initiatives of public, private and voluntary sector for improving the agricultural economy of the district and are linking the NARS with extension system and farmers.
Mandate and Activities of Malda KVK
The mandate of KVK is Technology Assessment and Demonstration for its Application and Capacity Development.
To implement the mandate effectively, the following activities are envisaged for Malda KVK are:
1. On-farm testing to assess the location specificity of agricultural technologies under various farming systems.
2. Frontline demonstrations to establish production potential of technologies on the farmers’ fields.
3. Capacity development of farmers and extension personnel to update their knowledge and skills on modern agricultural technologies.
4. To work as Knowledge and Resource Centre of agricultural technologies for supporting initiatives of public, private and voluntary sector in improving the agricultural economy of the district.
5. Provide farm advisories using ICT and other media means on varied subjects of interest to farmers
Malda KVK also produce quality technological products (seed and planting material) and make it available to farmers.